Sunday, January 31, 2016

Snowy Night, Silent Morning


One of my favorite things about winter is waking up to an utterly silent morning.  It snowed here most of the night and when I woke this morning, I sensed the quiet immediately.  The light filtering through the curtains was extra soft, and I knew we'd gotten a decent blanket of snow while I slept. Enough to dampen every sound, inside and out.  Moving through the house, I was the first one up.  Well, the cats were up but even they seemed to walk on softer feet.  I slipped outside with the little Chihuahua we are sitting to smell the crisp air and snap a quick pic.  We have about three inches of fresh snow on top of the two or three of crusty remnants that have been here since November.  It's supposed to snow all day today and most of tomorrow.  We should end up with a foot or so of what I'm thinking right now I'll call silence. 
Its hard to get a sense for new snow over old, but I couldn't get Sal the Chihuahua to go out in it for scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment