Friday, February 13, 2015

Coffee and the Internet

My dogs when I asked them if they wanted a walk.

It happened again.  The great magnet that is a creamy cup of coffee and the yawning depths of The Internet has trapped me.  I see my oldest daughter off on the bus at 7:15, and for two mornings this week I then took my elderly border collies out for a quick walk before I had to get my middle daughter ready for school.  The spring like mornings out put an extra bounce in my step for the whole day, my very bored dogs were happy to get out of the house and smell new smells.  Then Wednesday happened.  The kids school schedules are all messed up on Wednesdays, so there goes my schedule, too.  On Thursday, I drove my oldest to school but promised the dogs I'd take them out tomorrow.  Here it is, Tomorrow.  Instead taking them out I poured a fresh cup of coffee and woke up my laptop.  I never even thought of walking the dogs, even though they were sitting by the patio door, staring hopefully at me.  It wasn't until my middle child wandered out of her room that I realized how late it was, that I'd spent the intended dog walk time fluttering around my Facebook feed. Ugh.  Sorry dogs. Maybe we can walk this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment