Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Perfect Winter

I live where I do in part because I enjoy truly having four seasons.  I like them all and I like the variety.  I could move 45 minutes away and have a completely different climate, where it's pretty much warm and sunny all year long.  But I don't.  I like it here.  That said, winter does seem to be the longest season so I get tired of it long before spring. Not this winter though.  This winter has been The Perfect Winter, warm and sunny with only two large storms to speak of.  The kids and I were actually missing the snow (not so much the cold).  We were happy to wake this morning to several inches of the greatest snow on earth.  The dogs were surprised, but Rex was happy to go romp around a bit before coming back in to his warm bed.  Ginny, bless her sweet old heart, went only far enough to find a potty spot.  That was enough fun for her.


Come on guys, let's play!
Nope, not playing.
Rex loves burrowing through the snow with his nose.
Ginny, happy to watch Rex have all the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment